Re: [MELB] City Loop issues

Vaughan Williams wrote:

> >How about Parliament station customers?  Change at Richmond to have
> >direct access, you bet they would!
>
> And right now, people going to Flinders have a longer trip - under the
> proposal being discussed, people going to parliament would get a longer trip
> -
> they can choose to accept a slightly longer trip or can try to shorten it by
> changing at Richmond.

Currently Burnley group customers have the choice of direct City Loop
and direct Flinders Street services during morning peak.  From what we
have discussed so far, customers wish to have direct Loop access will
require to change at Richmond and pack onto Caulfield group services
which are mostly crowded at Richmond anyway.

> >Well Vaughan, I'm not "deliberately beating up the story", because you
> >have signed off your previous messages as "Secretary of PTUA" which to
> >me as representing the view of the organisation.  There is no mention
> >that the view presented in your earlier postings do not represent the
> >Association.
>
> You are, because youre trying to accuse us of suggesting the removal of loop
> access rather than merely a reversal of loop direction.

In my previous postings I have stated quite clearly that you have
suggested to remove ** DIRECT ** Loop services (eg. City Loop trains)
from Burnley group during morning peak.  Therefore, all Burnley group
services will run direct to Flinders Street before going through to the
loop.

> >> Lets do a bit of guesswork here:
> >> Flinders 25% (accepting your figure as correct)
> >> Melb Central 22.5%
> >> Parliament 20%
> >> Spencer 20%
> >> Flagstaff 17.5%
> >
> >Vaughan, the 75% component does not add up above - 22.5% + 20% +20%
> >+17.5% = 80%.
>
> Hmm, so it does. Mathematics is not everyone's strong point, of course.
>
> so perhaps flagstaff is 15% and parliament 17.5 or something like that.
>
> It still appears to benefit more people than it disadvantages.

Also let's assume that no Loop customers from Burnley group change at
Richmond and all travelled through Flinders Street.  So at Flinders
Street 25% people got off and 75% people remain onboard because they
travelling to Loop stations.  I would say those outbound customers will
be getting on a reasonably crowded trains at Flinders Street during
morning peak, unless they catch one of those services that do not run
via City Loop after Flinders Street.