RE: [MELB] City Loop issues

>How about Parliament station customers?  Change at Richmond to have
>direct access, you bet they would!

And right now, people going to Flinders have a longer trip - under the
proposal being discussed, people going to parliament would get a longer trip
-
they can choose to accept a slightly longer trip or can try to shorten it by
changing at Richmond.

>Well Vaughan, I'm not "deliberately beating up the story", because you
>have signed off your previous messages as "Secretary of PTUA" which to
>me as representing the view of the organisation.  There is no mention
>that the view presented in your earlier postings do not represent the
>Association.

You are, because youre trying to accuse us of suggesting the removal of loop
access rather than merely a reversal of loop direction.

>> Lets do a bit of guesswork here:
>> Flinders 25% (accepting your figure as correct)
>> Melb Central 22.5%
>> Parliament 20%
>> Spencer 20%
>> Flagstaff 17.5%
>
>Vaughan, the 75% component does not add up above - 22.5% + 20% +20%
>+17.5% = 80%.

Hmm, so it does. Mathematics is not everyone's strong point, of course.

so perhaps flagstaff is 15% and parliament 17.5 or something like that.

It still appears to benefit more people than it disadvantages.

Vaughan Williams
Secretary
Public Transport Users Association
247 Flinders Lane