Connex train splitting

A Connex customer service person who rang me to follow up a complaint I made
about cancelled Alamein trains told me that it was happening because of
difficulties splitting trains at Flinders St. He said that if anything went
wrong which made it necessary for someone to climb down onto the tracks, the
split couldn't be done because of the lack of a flat surface to stand on! It
was a health and safety issue. He said that work would be carried out at
Flinders St. this weekend to solve this problem.

Paul Hambleton