Re: [Vic] Fast train services to go ahead, says Govt

In article <lMxC5.62$AX4.3241@news0.optus.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> Maurie Daly (mauried@tpg.com.au) wrote:
> > In the case of WCRs locos, they may have good earning capability to
> > WCR,but if WCR tried to sell them to anyone else,they would get not
> > much more than scrap value for them.
>
> The extensive cab modifications would mean they are worth a bit more
than
> scrap value. They were bought for scrap value in the first place. I'm
sure
> GNR would be interested in them for a start.
In America, most of the regional and short line railroads relies on 2nd
hand rebuilt locos. Espeically Wisconsin Central and its subsidies like
Tranzrail/ATN. Those front line locos of these companies are certianly
not at scrap value.

> On that note, WCR said some time ago that they would have to look for
> new(er) locos fairly soon. Is there any progress on that front, apart
from
> the EL rumour?
>
> Cheers
> David
I though all the EL class locos are hired by LVRF/FA and Austrac at the
moment, CFCL have no more ELs unless you wanna fix that accident
damaged unit EL59.

--
Cheers

RR3