Re: [Vic] Fast train services to go ahead, says Govt

Maurie Daly (mauried@tpg.com.au) wrote:
> In the case of WCRs locos, they may have good earning capability to
> WCR,but if WCR tried to sell them to anyone else,they would get not
> much more than scrap value for them.

The extensive cab modifications would mean they are worth a bit more than
scrap value. They were bought for scrap value in the first place. I'm sure
GNR would be interested in them for a start.

On that note, WCR said some time ago that they would have to look for
new(er) locos fairly soon. Is there any progress on that front, apart from
the EL rumour?

Cheers
David