Re: [Vic] Fast train services to go ahead, says Govt

On Tue, 03 Oct 2000 00:13:31 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
Bromage) wrote:

>The State Government says fast train services to central Victoria and
>other regional centres will go ahead, despite threats by Freight Australia
>to pull out of the project.
>
>http://www.abc.net.au/news/regionals/bendigo/monthly/regben-2oct2000-6.htm

Maybe I am missing something,but I understood that the Victorian Govt
had SOLD Vline freight,including a 15 year lease on the country track
network to Freight Australia.
If so ,then for the next 15 years the tracks are Freight Australias.
If the Vic Govt doesnt like this ,then it has to buy back the leases.
You cant sell something ,and still want control over it .
The fact that the sale occured under a previous Govt makes no
differance whatsoever.
Under the Westminster system of Govt that we have ,current Govts have
to wear the decisions of previous Govts ,even if they dont like them.

MD