Re: [Vic] Fast train services to go ahead, says Govt

> > >The State Government says fast train services to central Victoria and
> > >other regional centres will go ahead, despite threats by Freight Australia
> > >to pull out of the project.
> > >
> > >http://www.abc.net.au/news/regionals/bendigo/monthly/regben-2oct2000-6.htm
>
> > Maybe I am missing something,but I understood that the Victorian Govt
> > had SOLD Vline freight,including a 15 year lease on the country track
> > network to Freight Australia.
>
> The non-ARTC track remains the property of the Department of Infrastructure.

Correct, and there is a clause in the lease to Freight Australia
covering Open Access (basically the Vic Government can grant access to
other parties at any time)

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news