Re: Carr blames Fahey for Airport Link bill

"Chris Downs"
> Tezza

> > I was waiting for your AL stats to prove the on-time running wasn't high,
> but you don't have any. As I said they're cancelling and transposing other
> > services to keep the ghost trains running and on time.
>
> I don't have AL stats and have never said that I have.

Yet you were saying the stats proved what you were claiming.

>  I do have CityRail
> stats and CityRail confirmed after the opening of the AL that Sector 2,
> especially the East Hills/AL, had the worst on-time running across the
> network.

And what was /where is that confirmation? The East Hills line certainly got
worse. They would terminate down trains at Turella and dump all the regulars
out so they could run another up service through the ghost stations.

>  Now unless CityRail is lying in in their stats or statements (and
> I don't think for a second they are), this supports my argument.  I'm
> talking about the last 7 months, you're choosing a conveniently shorter and
> more recent period.

I haven't "chosen" any period. You've provided nothing for your claims about
the AL.

> > you're still the unluckiest person around when it comes to cancelled
> trains. I repeat - "I've
> > been through about 100 times without a single canclled *AL* service".
>
> No, many were unlucky when the AL opened, the service on the East Hills line
> and the AL was atrocious.

And as pointed out above East Hills line regulars were sacrificed to keep up
the trains through the ghost stations.

>  The media reports actually backed up my
> experience and those of another regular EHL traveller I know.  Several
> things have improved performance including settling in of the TT,
> maintenance improvements

And what would they be?

> and transpositions.  The service now is much better
> but still has some way to go.  The TT needs a good work over, it's just too
> demanding of sector 2, which lacks the more generous overtaking and
> seperated turnback facilities of sectors 1 & 3.

Definately. They need to reduce the number of trains through the ghost
stations.

> which sector 2 services are more robust?

> > > .....for the near future?

> a smartarse answer, you obviously haven't got a clue about the
railways.*****

> > > If it wasn't a smart arse answer you've avoided another question
> (chronic
> > > evasion).
> >
> > *****I **ANSWERED** the question - there is **ALWAYS** another timetable
> coming. As for specifics, you'd have to talk to someone in timetabling/
train
> planning.*****
> > >
> > > Is a new CityRail TT on the board for the near future?
> >
> > *****YESyesYESyesYESyesYESyesYESyesYESyesYES*****
> >
> > Get the point?
> >
> Your "answer" to the question did not actually answer the question put.
> From above your answer to my question actually is "I don't know" not "yes".

Really can't take yes for an answer can you. For the 5th time there is another
timetable coming. I've told you, Cityrail's told you, Bob Carr's told you, the
newspapers have told you and the TV has told you and the radio has told you.
Talk about dense.