Re: Carr blames Fahey for Airport Link bill

"Chris Downs"
> Tezza

> > > against the SRA, has blamed late and cancelled trains for poor patronage
> on the link."

> > > transpose *other* services to make sure the ghost trains run and on
> time.

> their contractual commitments.  The on-time stats from May 2000 and
> leading up to the Olympics tell a truer and much sadder story.

> when learning the line that there were penalty clauses for late or early
> > > trains. So what are these "on-time stats" you refer to?
> > >
> > > The only on-time stats I have access to are CityRails at
> > > www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au .  Don't bother taking my word for it, have a
> look at May onwards in particular.
> >
> > So you have absolutely nothing to back up your bullshit claims.
>
> CityRail's On-time stats for the last 12 months (subrban and intercity peak)

> On-time running bottomed out in May this year and has climbed since then.
> Reflects exactly what I said above.  Can you provide something different for
> the AL to demonstrate high AL punctuality (and low cancellations) since
> 21/05/00?  It would resolve this issue immediately.

I was waiting for your AL stats to prove the on-time running wasn't high, but
you don't have any. As I said they're cancelling and transposing other
services to keep the ghost trains running and on time.

> > > While I didn't specifically count, there would have been 4 or 5
> cancelled AL services in my 1st half dozen brief sojourns on the line.
> >
> > It's amazing you ever got there then. 6 trips with 5 cancelled trains,
I've
> > been through about 100 times without a single canclled *AL* service. Maybe
> > they dont want *you* there.
>
> Who are they?

Aliens?

> And 6 trips includes observing numerous trains (not just the one I catch)
> which I wouldn't have travelled on if it had been cancelled.

you're still the unluckiest person around when it comes to cancelled trains. I
repeat - "I've
been through about 100 times without a single canclled *AL* service".

> > > sector 2 services are more robust?

> > > Avoid half the question and give a smart arse answer - typical.
> .....for the near future?
> >
> > I just told you - there's *ALWAYS* a new timetable coming. That's not a
> > smartarse answer, you obviously haven't got a clue about the railways.
>
> If it wasn't a smart arse answer you've avoided another question (chronic
> evasion).

I **ANSWERED** the question - there is **ALWAYS** another timetable coming. As
for specifics, you'd have to talk to someone in timetabling/ train planning.

> Is a new CityRail TT on the board for the near future?

YESyesYESyesYESyesYESyesYESyesYESyesYES

Get the point?