Re: Carr blames Fahey for Airport Link bill

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a1cf9da$0$19404$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a1cf9da$0$19404$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Chris Downs"
> > Tezza <
>
> > > "The company, which has lodged a $15 million compensation claim
against
> > the SRA, has blamed late and cancelled trains for poor patronage on the
> link."
> > >
> > > What a load of bunk. CityRail goes out of it's way to cancel and
transpose
> > > *other* services to make sure the ghost trains run and on time.
> >
> > CityRail may now but that appears to be a very belated reaction to their
> > contractual commitments.  The on-time stats from May 2000 and leading up
> > the Olympics tell a truer and much sadder story.
>
> They've been doing it right from the outset, Drivers were even told when
> learning the line that there were penalty clauses for late or early
trains. So
> what are these "on-time stats" you refer to?

The only on-time stats I have access to are CityRails at
www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au .  Don't bother taking my word for it, have a look
at May onwards in particular.

While I didn't specifically count, there would have been 4 or 5 cancelled AL
services in my 1st half dozen brief sojourns on the line.  Things improved
gradually from them till now.  I've seen no services cancelled in the last
couple of months and a 10 minute late train was the worst.

> > Is a new CityRail TT on the board for the near future - one in which
sector
> > 2 services are more robust?
>
> There's always a new timetable coming.

Avoid half the question and give a smart arse answer - typical.  .....for
the near future?

Chris