Re: Carr blames Fahey for Airport Link bill

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a1eab83$0$19402$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a1eab83$0$19402$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Chris Downs"
> > Tezza
> > > "Chris Downs"

> > against the SRA, has blamed late and cancelled trains for poor patronage
on
> the
> > > link."

> > transpose *other* services to make sure the ghost trains run and on
time.

> > to the Olympics tell a truer and much sadder story.
> > >
> > > They've been doing it right from the outset, Drivers were even told
when
> > > learning the line that there were penalty clauses for late or early
> > trains. So what are these "on-time stats" you refer to?
> >
> > The only on-time stats I have access to are CityRails at
> > www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au .  Don't bother taking my word for it, have a
look
> > at May onwards in particular.
>
> So you have absolutely nothing to back up your bullshit claims.

CityRail's On-time stats for the last 12 months (subrban and intercity peak)
11/99    89.3%
12/99    85.5%
1/00      91.4%
2/00      82.6%
3/00      78.7%
4/00      80.7%
5/00      77.6%
6/00      84.3%
7/00      88.5%
8/00      90.3%
9/00      94.5%
10/00    88.8%
On-time running bottomed out in May this year and has climbed since then.
Reflects exactly what I said above.  Can you provide something different for
the AL to demonstrate high AL punctuality (and low cancellations) since
21/05/00?  It would resolve this issue immediately.

> > While I didn't specifically count, there would have been 4 or 5
cancelled AL
> > services in my 1st half dozen brief sojourns on the line.
>
> It's amazing you ever got there then. 6 trips with 5 cancelled train, I've
> been through about 100 times without a single canclled *AL* service. Maybe
> they dont want *you* there.

Who are they?

And 6 trips includes observing numerous trains (not just the one I catch)
which I wouldn't have travelled on if it had been cancelled.

> >  Things improved
> > gradually from them till now.  I've seen no services cancelled in the
last
> > couple of months and a 10 minute late train was the worst.

> > sector 2 services are more robust?
> > >
> > > There's always a new timetable coming.
> >
> > Avoid half the question and give a smart arse answer - typical.
.....for
> > the near future?
>
> I just told you - there's *ALWAYS* a new timetable coming. That's not a
> smartarse answer, you obviously haven't got a clue about the railways.

If it wasn't a smart arse answer you've avoided another question (chronic
evasion).

Is a new CityRail TT on the board for the near future?

Chris