Re: SCT to Perth, questions

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000 01:53:24 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
Bromage) wrote:

>On a related note, some of the Gs have been fitted with auxiliary fuel
>hoses. Is there a standard fitting or will each railway adopt their own?
>I think QR is the only other operator with auxiliary fuel hoses on some
>locos.
>
>Cheers
>David

On the same topic , why is it necessary to do this , ie carry enuf
fuel to go all the way.?
A G should be able to get from Pt Augusta to Kalgoorlie on a full
tank,so its only a matter of filling up at Pt Augusta and Kalgoorlie.
Gs have 9600 litre tanks
Even if ASR wouldnt let you , which is likely , then why not simply
contract with shell or BP or whoever to simply provide a road tanker
to drive up next to the locos and fill them up.
Countrylink used to do this for years with the XPT at Spencer St.
Where do NRC refuel their NRs?
Are there still fuel pumps at Cook,and who owns them?

MD