Re: [NSW] quality of trains on airport line

"Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
36rS5.38212$SF5.716173@ozemail.com.au">news:36rS5.38212$SF5.716173@ozemail.com.au...

> Chris Stratton <stratton.chris.cp@NOSPAMbhp.com> wrote in message
> 8vcp5p$8uc$1@gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au">news:8vcp5p$8uc$1@gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au...
> >
> > There are a number of reasons I didn't catch the train when going from
> > Wollongong to the airport 2 weeks ago.
> > 1. Trains from Wollongong do not stop at Wolli Creek. You either have to
> > change at Hurstville and Wolli Creek or go to Central and change to go
> back
> > to the airport.
> > 2. Carrying luggage on the train. This is made worse by having to change
> > trains, see (1).
> > 3. The cost of the ticket.
> > 4. I would have to leave home a lot earlier to allow time for changing
> > trains, late trains, and anything else that can go wrong. This doesn't
> mean
> > you can't be delayed by traffic or accidents when driving to the
airport,
> > but trains delays seem to be more common.
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Chris Stratton
> > Wollongong, NSW, Australia
> > Remove NOSPAM to reply
>
> Just out of interest Chris how did you travel and what was the cost
compared
> with the train?
>
> Regards
>
> Chris Downs

My father drove me and picked me up as well when I returned. I am going to
give him $20 for petrol so that is how much it will cost. I can't recall the
train fare but there was my wife as well so I think the $20 is cheaper, and
a lot more convenient given that I got door to door service.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton