Re: Melways vs. Sydway (Was: Travel patterns (was Re: New form of rail transportation))

"Michael" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
8FEEA07CDgunzelT333@139.130.239.94">news:8FEEA07CDgunzelT333@139.130.239.94...
> Chris Gordon <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in article
> <3A136A52.69D43658@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au>:
>
> >Just goes to show the Melway is the best Street Directory around (and of
> >course the Sydway).
>
> Totally agree there. Every time I go to Sydney now, I take the Sydway with
> me - it got me everywhere I wanted at least!
>
> >No comments need to me make about UBD (I never knew my away around
> >Sydney until the Sydway came along).
>
> Two people I know insist on UBD maps, even for Melbourne. Bloody useless.
> Even the Sydney UBD was hopeless for me. All I can say is, bring on the
> "Brisway, Perway, Darway"... Adelaide's a bit to quaint for an Adway ((-:

Ausway rocks. Well if the mental coast can have its own version of the
Sydway then why not Adelaide, I always thought Adelway sounded good.

As for U.B.D I find the maps hard to read, whith the unproportionately thick
streets, give me unproportionately thin streets any day.

The one thing that erks (sorry Erk) me about Melway, is its representaion of
Spencer Street Station, it always has.

Ben Smith