Re: Travel patterns (was Re: New form of rail transportation)

> >> The Melways bears no influence on how far you can run a boat up the
> >> river, but it does mention a rock ford (why not a rock holden?) near
> >> enough to Canning Street itself, at Canning Street reserve.
>
> >But it does provide the information required.
>
> >Map 85 has an insert on the rivers, it says for the Maribyrnong River:
> >"The Maribyrnong River can be used for boating from the Yarra River to
> >the Canning Reserve, Avondale Heights.  This reach of the river is about
> >12 kilometres in length and is subject to tidal veriations."
>
> Oops, I was referring to the online Melways.

Doesn't matter the result (ie limit of boating up the river) was the
same.

Just goes to show the Melway is the best Street Directory around (and of
course the Sydway).

No comments need to me make about UBD (I never knew my away around
Sydney until the Sydway came along).

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news