Re: Travel patterns (was Re: New form of rail transportation)

Peter Berrett <pberrett@optushome.com.au> wrote in article
<uJqQ5.11503$Xx3.47799@news1.eburwd1.vic.optushome.com.au>:

>8. Shorter lines need to be extended. Ie extend Williamstown line
>(seriously - make it the terminus of a ring railway). If you have the
>$$$ and the will to run the line under the bay  and through to the
>Dandenong line.

Wouldn't you be better off stringing overhead up off floating buoys in Port
Phillip Bay, and converting trains into amphibious trains. Put wings and
aircraft engines on the ships so they can fly over the overhead into port.
Dispense a free self-inflating lifejacket to each passenger who takes this
route. Make your money back selling pantographs to people who are silly
enough to make their Volkswagon amphibious too. Put up overhead over the
Bass Straight to enable the Volkswagon weilding folk to drive across the
bay. When the Sprit of Tasmania cottons onto the idea of free electricity
to power it's ship across the bay, to supplement the wings/engines required
to fly over the overhead, fit them with pantographs too.

Unfortunately, the idea of a railway extended from Williamstown under the
bay to Dandenong sounds a little absurd.

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME