Re: Travel patterns (was Re: New form of rail transportation)

> Unfortunately, the idea of a railway extended from Williamstown under the
> bay to Dandenong sounds a little absurd.

What about a half decent ferry service that connects Williamstown,
Footscray, Southgate, Port Melbourne and St Kilda or even Frankston. Not one
of those touristy things but a proper ferry service using "Rivercats"
(Yarracats/Baycats) like in Sydney and Brisbane.

Incidentally has any one seen the ex Sydney ferry  in Melbourne, it lives in
Victoria Dock, I think its called the Party Boat. I was was surprised to see
it last year while sailing past the Newport  power station.

Ben Smith