Re: Travel patterns (was Re: New form of rail transportation)

> This could work too. Perhaps more emphasis could be placed on an
express
> ferry from Melbourne directly to the two peninsulas. Taking into
> consideration, rail from Frankston is still 60 minutes to Melbourne.

Solution to that is to run express trains. How long does an express
take? How long would it take running as fast as its physically capable
of running? Should be able to get that down to 40.

> Geelong buses could possibly be integrated into zone 3 as well. While
>I'm  not familiar with the Geelong bus network, I don't think it would
> be wise  to assume that all Geelong buses should be turned into rail
>feeders, when  they may well provide the public transport backbone for
> Geelong.

They do, but I think most of them are radial. Since the centre of
Geelong is close to the train station, the same buses can serve both.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.