Re: Dorrigo 19th Century Treasures

Trevor Edmonds <trevor_edmonds@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in article
<3a13965e$0$19421$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>:

>Dave Proctor wrote...
>
>> > I find the slagging off of railway preservationists by those who
>> > want to play trains extremely tiresome.
>>
>> Nobody is doing that. What is being criticised is the practice of some
>> groups to acquire equipment in order to prevent others from obtaining
>> it. They are basically being selfish and obstructionist.
>
>Dave, slagging is exactly what you have been doing. Most of what we have
>would have gone to scrap if we had not bought it. The only example
>anybody has raises where there was competition was for 6042. It was
>passed in at the auction because the under bidder could not get to the
>reserve, so that left us as the only group prepared to negotiate.

So, now that you have two AD60's, perhaps some preservation society or
operator out there might want one to either preserve or run.

Assuming that it means a little more money in Dorrigo's pocket at the end
of the day, would Dorrigo be prepared to sell one of the AD60's to another
group?

Awaiting your answer, in anticipation.

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME