Doncaster line revisited (Was: New form of rail transportation)

MiCRiC <slagel@senet.com.au> wrote in article
<3A123917.B24426F6@senet.com.au>:

>Shame on you for suggesting such as thing...  Public transport on
>freeways is of bugger all use to anyone.  Because it can only travel of
>a freeway it cant stop very often, and consequentially can serve a
>mininal number of distinations and wont appeal to consumers...

On the other hand, a railway down the middle of the Eastern Freeway would
be of great benefit. Would be great to be a passenger of a train doing
115kph, when the cars can only do 100 (-:

Seriously though, a proper railway to Doncaster is long overdue. Every day
I see the hundreds of cars lined up going into the city.

If you were to run a railway into Doncaster (and/or beyond), what route
would you use, where would you put stations?

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME