Re: Doncaster line revisited (Was: New form of rail transportation)

In article <8FEDC5475gunzelT333@139.130.239.94>,> On the other hand, a
railway down the middle of the Eastern Freeway would
> be of great benefit. Would be great to be a passenger of a train
doing
> 115kph, when the cars can only do 100 (-:

It's been done succesfully in Perth (Northern Suburban line???)

> Seriously though, a proper railway to Doncaster is long overdue.
Every day
> I see the hundreds of cars lined up going into the city.
>
> If you were to run a railway into Doncaster (and/or beyond), what
route
> would you use, where would you put stations?

Say if Doncaster line leaves Clifton Hill station, you could have a
station arounf Kew East(anywhere near Burke Road), Bulleen (near
Bulleen road) Balwyn North (Doncaster Road), Box Hill North (Station
Street) Doncaster (Middleborough road), Donvale (Springvale Road).

Comments?

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin