Re: Doncaster line revisited (Was: New form of rail transportation)

> On the other hand, a railway down the middle of the Eastern Freeway would
> be of great benefit. Would be great to be a passenger of a train doing
> 115kph, when the cars can only do 100 (-:

As I recall that was part of the plan in the 1967 or was it 1969
Melbourne Transportation Study...  I think an underground was going to
branch off the city loop, trvel under Fitzroy and emerge to travel down
the median of the freeway....  I might be slightly wrong, cos I haven't
read the study in about a year...  But as usual, the freeway got built,
but not the rail line...

micric