Re: Doncaster line revisited (Was: New form of rail transportation)

Michael wrote:

> If you were to run a railway into Doncaster (and/or beyond), what route
> would you use, where would you put stations?

I'd run it as a tram from the city up Swanston Street as an extension of
one or more of the St Kilda Road lines, then via the median strip of the
freeway, then with two on-street branches, one to Templestowe, and the
other to Donvale via Doncaster.

The freeway section would be express, more or less.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand