Re: Arrogant Australian Egroups

> |Sounds about right. I have noticed increasingly lately there are a number
> |of "gunzels" that fit that category - overly secretive, and not willing to
> |help the average railfan out - and moreso pissed off when your average
> |railfan does find out information they don't want them to know (special
> |workings, and such).
>
> What is an "average" railfan?

The one that doesn't have inside contacts or working for the railways.

I am also getting a little pissed off at the growing number of people
unwilling to share information.  (I am mainly talking about the "snob"
groups, aus.rail people are always willing to share information,
sometimes the information is not what is needed, but at least we find
out.)

> btw, what details do these egroups ask for when you try to join up? Some I
> think take a name and an email address only. So if the admin doesn't know
> you or doesn't like you based on that limited info, kiss your application
> goodbye. I think that it is sad that some of these egroups pick and choose
> only based on that (or so it seems to me) or based on what they read on a
> newsgroup.

Up to the admin team.  I am one of the admin team at vicrail-news, and
all we require is a name, e-mail address.  However if the e-mail address
is a web based one will we do a little more checking, just to make sure
we don't get any big boss coming along to "bust" any railway worker that
might be a member of our group.

If you want to know more, contact me, or just try joining up.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : http://www.egroups.com/subscribe/vicrail-news