Re: Arrogant Australian Egroups

Chris Gordon <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in article
<3A00A9ED.E79CC831@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au>:

>>> I am disgusted at the seemingly endlessly growing list of private
>>> egroups that totally disregard your application, without even
>>> bothering to find out who you are.

>> They are private groups. Nobody has the right to join them. They have
>> been developed by people sick of the flame wars in Usenet who wish to
>> discuss the topics which interest them without being abused for doing
>> so.

>They are (as someone put it to me) "the snob mob", people who only come
>out to photograph trains when the sun is shinning.

Sounds about right. I have noticed increasingly lately there are a number
of "gunzels" that fit that category - overly secretive, and not willing to
help the average railfan out - and moreso pissed off when your average
railfan does find out information they don't want them to know (special
workings, and such).

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME