Re: [OT] ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image

Dave Proctor wrote:

> And it was only the whinging in here that made you do that. If not for the
> whinging, you would not have done so, you would have stuck to your guns.

Although I wouldn't have done it so fast, I have been thinking about
doing something like this for a while, but I haven't really got around
to it. I was just suggested that the user could modify their desktop
resolution if they wanted to see an entire photo that was bigger than
their browser allowed. This modification of the resolution doesn't apply
to my site alone. There are quite a few other images out there that
don't display fully at 800x600. I think my solution is a fair compromise
as it allows people like you to see the image fully and it also means
that people who want high quality are also happy.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au