Re: Bus-train integration (was Free Ride (Victoria))

> Balancing all, I'd say that Melbourne and Sydney would be about equal from
> passenger's viewpoint. It's no use turning this into some big-dick
contest;
> both systems have clear pros and cons which outweigh each other.

I would rate both Perth and Brisbane electric railways as superior to
Melbourne an Sydney. New technology, comfortable modern trains.

I love Perth for the way that buses wait on the platform for trains arriving
from the city. Much more passenger friendly than say Box Hill Central in
Melbourne, where you are dumped inside a shopping centre then have to find
you way to an escalator to a bus terminal on the roof!

Cheers
John Wayman