Re: Bus-train integration (was Free Ride (Victoria))

> Unless proper attention is given to integration and service issues such as
> ease of transfers,
> direct routes and service frequency, PT will remain irrelevant to most
trips
> Melburnians make.
>
> Peter
Buses are run by so many different companies and demanding different things,
I guess it would be easier to regulate tram/train companies.

Example Bundoora area is highly populated plus two major universities but
without a proper service to nearby railway station. Buses runs very rarely
or most of the time cancell without notice, especially National's  Latrobe
university route 250/251.

Macleod/Reservior are just a stone throw to Latrobe university and RMIT is a
stone throw to Thomastown and Greensborough bus students in both university
drive mostly (included myself) due to the poor public transport  service.
Route 86 tram is good but unable to serve people live anywhere other then
Plenty road.

Trams/train co-ordiantion is very important as well. Every afternoon peak
there are so many commuters take trams to Melbourne Central/Flinder or
Spencer street for train service. But trams operatros can't really run a
shuttle service  on Collin/Burke/Swanston/Flinder street therefore usual
tram users squeeze with train commuters.

And trams usually terminates (Reservior/ Carnige) long way from nearby
railway station.

Cheers
James