Re: Bus-train integration (was Free Ride (Victoria))

Vaughan Williams wrote:

> James C wrote:

> > Route 86 tram is good but unable to serve people live anywhere other
> than
> > Plenty road
>
> I live 20m from High St Northcote and it still doesn't provide really
> good service. Its too slow and the frequencies are too low, and it
> doesn't integrate well with the Uni (a long walk with no weather
> shelter).

If you really live just 20m from High Street and have to attend Latrobe
University for whatever reason, I really can't see how you can complain
that the 86 tram is not good for this purpose. It is one of the best
tram services in Melbourne and provides a frequent, fast direct link. I
can't fathom what more would make it better for you? If it rains
occasionally from tram to home or university, can't you get an umbrella?

Just checking the latest online table for the 86, it runs around every
seven minutes off-peak and even less in the morning and evening peaks,
at least every 20 minutes late at night and even every 12 minutes during
daytime hours on Saturdays and Sundays.

I've ridden the 86 hundreds of times over many years, even before it was
the 86 and just ran to Tyler Street. By world standards, by ANY
standards, the 86 provides a fantastic service and I can only assume
your claims to the contrary are a troll.

--
David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?