U Stops For Blue Mountains Trains

The absurd thing about these afternoon mountains trains we are talking about
is the stops like Strathfield, Parramatta and Blacktown in some cases are
not "u" stops but Penrith (which is further from the city than those
stations mentioned) is. Is this another case of people taking up room for
mountains commuters or people taking advantage of seats that are there? If
the trains didn't stop in the metro area, some people would catch the train
to the first stop after (for example Glenbrook) and come back. Also, it has
to be remembered that a lot of people travel to/from the mountains from
places other than Central (esp Parramatta).

I know that a lot of people alight from these trains at suburban stops like
Penrith each day but I have not seen chaos like on the Southern Highlands
services that I have seen reported in their smaller trains.

Personally, if we are going to be serious about Blue Mountains services (all
of them, not just the peaks), there should be a timetable like for the
Newcastle/Central Coast line. For instance:

Train one - (from North Sydney) all Redfern, Strathfield, Parramatta,
Westmead, Blacktown, Penrith, all Springwood (G or T or V - if spare). If
this train was run by a V, it could extend to Katoomba or Mt Vic stopping at
Lawson, Wenty Falls, Leura, Katoomba, all to Lithgow/Mt Vic.

Train two from Central - as per train one to Penrith, Glenbrook, Blaxland,
Springwood all to whether. (V of course)

There's my Airport Line station access fee's worth..............

--
Eric
http://www.erk.au.com