Re: U Stops For Blue Mountains Trains

The other difficult issue regarding Mountains' services is trains not
stopping at Penrith.

In the am no trains from west of Springwood stop at Penrith between 6:55 and
7:55.  You can catch The Chips and change to the 7:07 ex Springwood service
after a 9 minute wait but in practice I and few others ever do this to
arrive 17 minutes before the next direct service.

In the pm the direct trains from Penrith to west of Springwood leave at
4:49; 5:32 & 6:47.  You can catch the 5:39 (only 7 minutes after a direct
service) and change at Emu Plains with a 6 minute wait.  Also you can catch
the 6:02 from Penrith (which leaves just after The Fish sprints through) and
change at Emu Plains with a 12 minute wait.

The am service is ok if you start work in Penrith at 8am or later but the
afternoon's not much chop either way.  I know a couple of people that now
drive, in no small part due to the restricted travel options.

Chris

391e7e77@news.iprimus.com.au">news:391e7e77@news.iprimus.com.au...