Re: The Ultimate Challenge - Travel by CityRail for a Week !

They could solve the whole problem by doing what they did in the 1980's (and
currently do on the south coast) and run the intercity trains essentially non
-stop to the end of the suburban network (Emu Plains, Berowra, Macarthur,
Helensburgh) with a suburban train preceding this express. That way the seats go
to those who travel the furthest and don't have a greater selection of express
trains to choose from (Parramatta to Penrith - 4 fast and 2 semi fast each hour)

Glenn

--
Glenn Jackson-Bethell