{html} [NSW Ci-tyra-il] Airport Link

Dave Proctor wrote in message ...

>Just on this, with the new timetables starting with the first trains on 21
>May, but with the airport line being unavailabel for most of the day, how
>will they handle trains that day that are supposed to run via the airport?
>Obviously run them via Sydneham, but how will they handle them with the
>different running times? Put into place an STN for the day (great for the
>first ay of a timetable, don't use it!)
>
>Any thoughts or actual knowledge?

I finally got around to reading through the weekend timetable that applies in Sydney from Sunday 21 May. Basically, it’s unchanged.

The Airport line is served by a new service which runs from Turrella at intervals of 11/19 minutes. Half the trains terminate at Central platform 21 and half continue around the City Circle, then express to Ashfield.

The trains are all tabled to use five six-car sets, with a little humour added by the choice of Run numbers 707, 717, 727, 737, 738, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787 and 797.

A typical hour looks like this …

787T

727V

707V

747V

Turrella

dep.

12:07

12:18

12:37

12:48

Central

arr.

12:23

12:34

12:53

13:04

dep.

12:25

-----

12:55

-----

787U

707W

Circular Quay

….

12:32

forms

13:02

forms

Central

arr.

12:39

12:45

13:09

13:15

dep.

12:40

13:10

Ashfield

arr.

12:52

13:22

787V

707X

Ashfield

dep.

12:59

13:29

Central

arr.

13:10

13:40

dep.

13:11

13:41

747W

787W

767Y

707Y

Circular Quay

….

13:18

13:48

Central

arr.

13:25

13:55

dep.

13:15

13:26

13:45

13:56

Turrella

arr.

13:33

13:43

14:03

14:13

forms

13:37

13:48

14:07

14:16

Run 777A

Run 717A

BTW, is this the first regular service to Mascot using a 757?

Rgds