Re: [NSW] Airport Link

"Bill McNiven" <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
oexQ4.12740$PL4.311316@ozemail.com.au">news:oexQ4.12740$PL4.311316@ozemail.com.au...

> Dave Proctor wrote in message ...
> >The "official opening" (all the VIP's, etc) is on the 21st. The "opening"
> >(first train to carry passengers) is on the 21st or 22nd, depending on
> which
> >report you read). Neither of which is the 17th, neither of which has ever
> >been the 17th, neither of which ever will be the 17th.
>
> Maybe Digest uses base-14 arithmetic?

LOL.

I did not want to (and still do not want to) get into another slanging match
about Digest - someone else brought up Digest, and said what they reported.
Based on past history, I made the comment that I was shutting up, and then
others kept on going on (and on and on) to which I replied (and replied and
replied).

Seriously though, 21 May is the date for the official opening (several radio
stations are running competitions to be on the official first train), Sydney
Airport (YSSY for aviation gunzels) is holding an open day on 21 May to
coincide with the opening, and trains will commence either late on 21 May or
with the first service the following morning.

Just on this, with the new timetables starting with the first trains on 21
May, but with the airport line being unavailabel for most of the day, how
will they handle trains that day that are supposed to run via the airport?
Obviously run them via Sydneham, but how will they handle them with the
different running times? Put into place an STN for the day (great for the
first ay of a timetable, don't use it!)

Any thoughts or actual knowledge?

Dave