OT: Re: Sunday Terrorgraph article 30/4 (NSW) - Classical Music on stations

"David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3912A907.74E9BBBE@ozemail.com.au">news:3912A907.74E9BBBE@ozemail.com.au...

> > are you able to top that one
>
> yes.
>
> > and also be given the chance to drive the train
>
> Very good, tell everybody and get the drivers sacked.  Excellent effort.

Reminds me of when I was in the Air Training Corps (23 Flight, St. Marys)
and there was a train strike which co-incided with a Senior NCO and CUO
course at Richmond. Being at St. Marys, we were the closest flight to
Richmond, so they asked for volunteers to go up to Richmond and help to
dismantle after the passing out parades. The reward was going on the Caribou
from richmond to Orange, Dubbo, Narromine (refuel), Wagga, Fairbairn
(Canberra) Richmond.

The flight crew had been briefed on why four cadets were doing the full
trip, and they also knew that three of us had private pilots licences.

Alll four of us got to sit in the left hand seat (pilots seat) during
flight. The auto-pilot was not engaged, and the co-pilot was present to take
over quickly if anything happened, but the fact remains that four of us
cadets managed to keep an RAAF Caribou straight and level for about 15
minutes at a time.

We now return you to your regular programming.

Dave