Re: Sunday Terrorgraph article 30/4 (NSW) - Classical Music on stations

Andrew

I'm a frequent user of rail (CityRail and CountryLink) and am not doubting
that you are (although I have not counted the number of times). Having said
that, I have only used sleepers on the Indian Pacific and the Overland where
I know I can get a single room for me (unlike the XPT sleeper where I would
need an empty berth or a partner to ensure that I'm not there with a strange
guy). I am only doubting that you got the point in my original thread in
this post regarding pensioner class. If you want a challenge, have you
survived a Brisbane - Cairns trip in a sitter?
--
Eric
http://www.erk.au.com

Andrew Tailby <atailby@mpx.com.au> wrote in message
3910f6af$0$31497@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3910f6af$0$31497@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
| ok eric how many times have you done the trip from brisbane or melbourne
by
| xpt.
| every yr i am heading to melbourne by train and always go cattle class on
| both day and night trains
| i did only once tried a sleeper on the trip back from melbourne and i can
| say that never again will i use there sleepers un less you are about 5"5
| tall not somebody like me who is over 6"high.
| and i can tell you that trying to sleep wasnt any good as they are the
| hardest thing that i have slept on  waiting seats and also on station
floors
| in the middle of nowhere waiting for the train ie junee at 2am in the
| morning.
| so for somebody like me that lives on a tight budegt cattlke class is the
| only way to go unless i want to not have money going on my trip to the
| states next xmas.
| even there i will be goig cattle class on my $385 us dollars pass.
| andrew
| "Eric Cartman" <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| 390fe1e2@news.iprimus.com.au">news:390fe1e2@news.iprimus.com.au...
| > Andrew
| >
| > pensioner class = 1st class becuase that is where most of them are
| > travelling on their passes.
| > cattle class, pleb class = economy
| >
| > I suggest you read the XPT thread about the experiences of us on XPT's
| > again.
| >
| > I was making the comment that people in pensioner class would like the
| same
| > bing Crosby song over and over and over and over again.
| >
| > --
| > Eric
| > http://www.erk.au.com
| > Andrew Tailby <atailby@mpx.com.au> wrote in message
| > 390fdec3$0$31524@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:390fdec3$0$31524@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
| > |
| > | "Eric Cartman" <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > | 390f49ed@news.iprimus.com.au">news:390f49ed@news.iprimus.com.au...

| > | whats wrong with this class you always meet some nice people down here
| > | unlike the snobs in first who dont talk to you espically if they are
old
| > | grannies on there 10 buck ticket
| > | andrew
| > |