Re: Govt paves way to privatise Westrail

In article <8eolnq$8gq$1@nnrp1.deja.com> James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com> writes:
>From: James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com>
>Subject: Re: Govt paves way to privatise Westrail
>Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 07:50:22 GMT

>In article <atQP4.1107$F%2.630843@news0.optus.net.au>,
>  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
>> The WA parliament has passed a vital clause of the Westrail sale
>> legislation. It is expected legislation for the sale of Westrail's
>freight
>> business will be passed by the end of the week.
>>
>> http://www.abc.net.au/news/state/wa/archive/metwa-3may2000-6.htm
>>
>> Cheers
>> David
>Gee!  Westrail worth 5 billion$ !!!

>--
>Cheers

>James

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Yes , I would love to know where the $5 billion comes from ,given that Vline
freight was worth only $164 million and ANs freight arm only $54 million.
Does anyone know whether the sale includes the SG line to Kal?
Interesting also that Im pretty sure that the WA Govt have banned other Govt
owned Railways from bidding which wipes out Freightcorp and Qrail.
I guess this leaves the owners of FA ,Tasrail or ASR as the likely bidders.
How does this sale fit in with the recent PC findings?

MD