Re: Govt paves way to privatise Westrail

I guess talk of billions for a Railway is just pie in the sky!
Victorias Rail system would have to be worth a lot more than WA, and got
4163 million on the open market. With WA restricting their eligible buyers
to off shore, companies $7 millions might be optimistic.
Wonder if a NSW controlled Private Company could be set up to get under this
clause ;o)

--

Rod Young
http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/

Maurie Daly <mauried@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
mauried.427.0143A8F2@tpg.com.au">news:mauried.427.0143A8F2@tpg.com.au...
> In article <8eolnq$8gq$1@nnrp1.deja.com> James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com>
writes:
> >From: James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com>
> >Subject: Re: Govt paves way to privatise Westrail
> >Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 07:50:22 GMT
>
> >In article <atQP4.1107$F%2.630843@news0.optus.net.au>,
> >  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> >> The WA parliament has passed a vital clause of the Westrail sale
> >> legislation. It is expected legislation for the sale of Westrail's
> >freight
> >> business will be passed by the end of the week.
> >>
> >> http://www.abc.net.au/news/state/wa/archive/metwa-3may2000-6.htm
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> David
> >Gee!  Westrail worth 5 billion$ !!!
>
> >--
> >Cheers
>
> >James
>

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.
>

> Yes , I would love to know where the $5 billion comes from ,given that
Vline
> freight was worth only $164 million and ANs freight arm only $54 million.
> Does anyone know whether the sale includes the SG line to Kal?
> Interesting also that Im pretty sure that the WA Govt have banned other
Govt