Re: March Railway Digest

> I am intrigued to as what other Railfan  magazines in Australia you
read.
> You
> talk about other magazines not being up to the standard of Digest.
Could
> you
> please tell us what your thoughts are.   I have heard a lot of
criticisms of
> various magazines over the years, and this is why Motive Power has
> evolved.
>From my point of view both RD and Motive Power are very high quality
magazines with great reputation. Both are targeting slightly different
readers. RD coverage all aspect of the railway operation, perservation
and politics/policy realtes to rail, business, economics aspect of the
railway oeration. Whereas Motive power targeting locomotive, motive
power and mechanical detail aspect of the railway operation. Buyers of
RD  may or may not be railfan because RD is easy to follow even those
people don't know much about railways, that's why RD sometimes became
the reference of some politicans and MP buyers range from railfans to
technicans/engineers. MP is a must for operators, manufactories and
engineers, I won't be surprise to see copies of MP in a CEO's
bookshelve. Not many magazines around the world can give you such
detail about a locomotive.

Another word Motive Power is the compliment of RD, I found out both
magazine gave great deal of information therefore I subscribe to both
of them.

Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/