Re: [Melb] Swanston Trams Crash

>I can tell you that druiving a car is 100 times less stressful than
>driving a tram. If a car gets into a situation he can always steer away
>from it. At the moment I am learing to drive the W class at Malvern,
>they are a peice of shit and should never have been alowed to survive.

Maybe the system would be safer if you were not driving.   If you are
carying around people when you have an attidude like that, maybe you
better warn them before they get on.

The "piece of shit" that you mentioned takes skill to drive, but is
not difficult.

If you are a new driver, then you must know some of the rules
regarding your job....here is two of them

Rule 81 - Speed
(a) A Tram must be driven at a safe speed at all times to allow for
all conditions which may affect normal braking

(b) When going faster than half speed, a tram must be kept at least
one hundred (100) metres (about three street pole intercals) behind
the tram in front.

(c) When a tram is slowing down or stoped, the driver of the following
tram must proceed with caution and be prepared to stop no less than
one metre from the tram in front

(e) Trams entering or leaving a safery zone must not exceed eight kph.

The rules are for your and your passengers safely, try to follow the
rules and see how far you get, rather then blame the tram when
something goes wrong

Oh, the second rule....

Rule 33.	General Conduct
Employees must not behave in any way likely to put public satefy in
danger or undermine public confidence........

I guess this rule refers to employees who post messages in newgroups
giving an "insider" opinion on how unsafe the trams are....oh I forgot
to mention a "new" employee by the sounds of things....who has no idea
what a "safe" tram is anyway because he is to scared to notice

>am going to advise the driver involved in the accident to get legal
>advice so he can sue Swanston trams. They along with the union have
>alowed these un safe trams to run in the state they are in for a long
>time.

Sounds to me like you are having trouble coping with the job,and are
trying to blame others.	Only a few weeks into the job and you are
talking about taking legal action against your employee?  Gee, I can
see that you are going to last a long time in this job.

>murder. Dont ever think about driving trams for a living, its a
>dangerous occupation now.>

Why?	Ask any normal driver if they consider the job "dangerous"?
Many people on the job have over 15 years service..and are proud of
where they work...maybe you better leave if you even pass your basic
training.	   Of course I'm assuming you get that far because you
have such a "dangerous job" a

Loser