Re: [Melb] Swanston Trams Crash

It's not the classic W class trams that are at fault it's people. Swanston
trams has altered the way that the brakes are maintained to save money. It's
this alteration, the installation of slack adjusters,  that is causing the
problems.
    I also heard today from an eye witness that two Melbourne Grammar school
boys ran across St Kilda Road in front of the Z. A master from the school
raced over to them and asked if they were all right. He thought they had
been hit by the Z.
    Whatever was following the Z had no chance of stopping. The accident had
nothing to do with the fact that the tram was a W.
David L.

3936f032@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:3936f032@news.iprolink.co.nz...