Re: [Melb] Swanston Trams Crash

>From the news:
================

Trams withdrawn

Thirty old W-class trams have been withdrawn following an
accident yesterday that left a tram driver with a broken leg
and head injuries.

A tram driver was crushed in his cabin, after the tram he
was driving crashed into another in the city.

Swanston Trams says the W-class trams will not return to
the tracks until they have been inspected and declared
safe.

Spokeswoman, Katie O'Shea, says they are still
attempting to determine what caused the accident.

"It's impossible to say, we don't know if there even is any
problems with the W-class trams, but until we can be
sure, we've withdrawn the fleet as a safety precaution,"
she said.

--

Chris Gordon

http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig