Re: [Melb] Swanston Trams Crash

Eric Cartman <erkV69@erk.au.com> wrote in message
39363968@news.iprimus.com.au">news:39363968@news.iprimus.com.au...
> There are various factors including
>
> * Driver impatience an/or arrogance
Usually tram drivers have less things to be impatience or arrogant about
compared with truck or bus drivers because trams are mostly run on it's own
right of way whereas driving a truck/bus , the driver would have to be more
careful with reckless drivers around. I guess it's easier and more relax to
drive trams then truck/buses and tram drivers might be less stressful then
truck/bus drivers.

> * The false belief that a tram handles like a car
Not possible, otherwise he/she wouldn't be a driver in the 1st place,
.........actually trams ARE able to stop like cars......

> * Lack of education
University Bachelor degree these days can't gurantee graduates to be on tram
drivers seats:-)

> * Our licencing system which churns out less capable drivers
You mean we should have "P" plate and "L" plate stick on tram's front
windscreen??

> * Lack of experience driving around trams.
Trams don't normally driving AROUND trams unless at bigger terminal like
Melbourne University or West Maribyrong, .....or unless they invented those
flying trams showed on "Meeeetooo card".

You forgot few other things.....

->passenger having a "chat" with driver....
-> mobile phones buzzing drivers
->ticket maching and validators on fire :-)
-> W class brake needs to improve

Cheers
James