Re: Yarra Trams to change routed

>From what I understand, the Southbank drivers are getting trained on Zs, as
well as the West Preston route. The Zs will then move to routes 11/12, and
Bs currently on route 12 will move to route 86.

Routes 11/12 will be joined on weekdays, probably with extra Collins Street
shuttles at peak times. On weekends and evenings they will run separately as
they are now.

I'm not sure how they think they're going to save any trams if they run a
combined route 11/12 plus Collins Street shuttles... though I suppose
shuttles would have a quicker turnaround time, giving more efficient use of
the trams.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia