Re: Yarra Trams to change routed

Vaughan Williams wrote:

> Agree... running Z's on the 86 is annoying. They cut the service
> frequency when the brought in the B's on the basis of their higher
> capacity. The B's are crowded enough in peak hour and often at other
> times as it is.

The Z's are ok in the off peak times, but in the peak times they are far
too small for such a long route. I wondered why the number of Z's had
increased on route 86, now I know why. Yesterday on the way from
Thornbury to Bundoora at around 1200, I was in a Z class tram and I
counted 3 others heading towards the city. On the way back from Bundoora
around 1700, I was in a B2 and I counted 5 others heading towards
Bundoora. BTW, I don't know the numbers of the trams so most of the
trams I saw coming back were probably the same ones as in the morning. I
do know that 5 were different because one of the ones on the way back
was in an advertising livery. The ones in the morning, including the one
I was on were all painted in the standard met livery.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au