Re: Yarra Trams to change routed

> They have had it pased by the Government, and have used the fact that
> they cannot run a full service at the moment with the shortage of
> trams due to the W-Class problem.

The government's not supposed to OK service alterations without
consulting the PTCCCC.

> I was in the City this afternoon, and noticed a few Z-Class trams on
> route 86, and B-Class trams on route 12.   It makes sense to "swap"
> these trams around because the 12 does not need such a large tram,
> when the 86 does.

Agree... running Z's on the 86 is annoying. They cut the service
frequency when the brought in the B's on the basis of their higher
capacity. The B's are crowded enough in peak hour and often at other
times as it is.

> As for the Collins Street problem that will occur with the new tram
> route, Yarra will have to start running Collins Street Shorts during
> the morning and afternoon peak, because as anybody who catches trams
> during the peak will know...the tram are packed in the city at the
> moment, so maybe we will need a can opener when we travel? <g>

If theyre going to run an additional shuttle service, doesn't that
defeat the purpose of joining the two routes? Doesn't it also negate
the reason given, which is that they don't have enough trams?

Looks to me like a pathetic excuse to cut services, probably
permanantly just like the Kennett govt's "summer timetable". If the DPT
doesn't start standing up to them on things like this then he should be
sacked.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.