Re: Pendennis Castle

chris@enet21.com.au wrote:

> you should have the poor volunteer from Hamersley  in mind instead of a mythical past and a very
> very  rich uk museum. I can't see the Americans or Canadians sending their A4's back.
>
> Regards
> Chris

While the volunteers up there have done a good job looking after the loco for many years it has come
down to the fact that the loco can no longer run in the Pilbara and the Didcot Railway Centre wants
it back in the UK where it will be returned to running condition in its original country. There is
nothing mythical about the loco's past, it is a british loco and nothing you can say will change
that fact. As for the A4s in North America, they should be sent back as well, but just because they
won't do it, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au