Re: Pendennis Castle

The point is that a foreign company that has exploited Australian workers
for years and has been in the vanguard of the conservative reactionary
forces attempting to destroy collective bargaining in this country has
chosen to donate this locomotive to a UK based group and to my mind that
says "stuff you Aussies" we will show you where our loyalties lay. Well, if
all us gutless Aussies just want to lie back and be pissed over by this
group then let it go. For me, I am contacting the Maritime unions and any
other industrial union to have a black ban placed on its export. I bet
Hamersley will back down once this gets in the papers and shows them up for
what they are. I suppose I should not be surprised at the intelligence of a
section of rail fans in Australia as they have been tipping money into that
far northern NSW scrap yard for years.

Cheers

Rod Gayford (also workplace delegate CPSU)
<chris@enet21.com.au> wrote in message
388DA2D5.5EC05A3@enet21.com.au">news:388DA2D5.5EC05A3@enet21.com.au...
> hi
>
> You must remember that it has been in Australia longer than it was in
British
> Rail (1947 -1964, 17 years) service and nearly as long as in GWR service
(1923?
> -1947). Historically Hamersley Iron have owned it longer  than British
Rail.

86cemi$srb$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:86cemi$srb$1@nnrp1.deja.com...