Re: [NSW] Dorrigo (was: 6042 in south australia?)

You are right that I have never visited Dorrigo. It has been on TV a number of
times and I have seen reports about it over the years in a number of railway
magazines. I hope you succesfully manage to conserve and eventually restore your
collection. But with such a large collection to preserve, you need a large
amount of resources to do it properly. In addition to all this Dorrigo's
reputation isn't very good, so I don't know how you will manage to get enough
volunteers when you aren't showing any significant signs of progress to the
general railfan community. In Railway Digest and other magazines we keep reading
about locos and rollingstock being purchased by Dorrigo, but we never hear of
any restoration of these items.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: