Re: Oh what fun it is too ride...

> Sorry the "rail employees" camp (have I tarred too many with the
brush?)
> still haven't explained to me why when I go to Japan, HK, China and
so the
> trains don't run late much, the staff seem to be more polite and they
don't
> have garbage all over the floor.

I wouldn't say that, I actaully met a few rude staffs, ride late
trains, and dirty trains :-).These things happens all over the world.

>Those Asians (which a previous poster
> said are such dangerous types, not being able to drive a car etc...)
perhaps
> they should get off our roads and into our drivers cabs, guards
> compartments, signal boxes and ticket offices, show us how to run a
railway.
> Maybe the Chinese method is best, remember they execute 33,000 people
every
> year, heaven help the driver of the 08:07 to Beijing!

Because most of the Asian railway systems carries millions of people
everyday, some system daily ridership maybe excess cityrail's annual
ridership.

Car ownership isn't very high in most of the Asian countries, majority
of the Asian prefers to take public transport, especially in Northern
Asian countries like Japan, Due to the high ridership the all trains
have to run smoothly, puntually, safely, most of the trains running at
very close frequency. One train running late will delay whole bunch of
trains and inconvinent lots of people.

>I keep missing something in the lectures
> about how hard it is to run a railway.

I guess we need to learn from another operator how to generate profits
from a commuter railway. Most of the Asian raiways are highly profitable
(HK's metro 136% fare recovery rate), especially commuter raiways.

Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.